COVID-19 testing is critical to keeping all our NHS and Social Care colleagues, friends and family safe. Quick and effective testing enables NHS and Social Care staff to evidence a fitness to remain in work, in the event of a negative result and protecting and reducing the risk to themselves, their patients and others, in the event of a positive result.
NECS is supporting multiple NHS systems across the country to coordinate and transition key workers to local test sites. Working with national and local test providers NECS has successfully developed and is currently operating a scalable non-clinical programme linking key workers who require testing to a local test centre provider. It has been established that through our programme of system support, that co-ordination across multiple employer organisations, test sites and local laboratories as well as providing data on the throughput of key workers, is vital for targeting and managing local plans for capacity and demand.
To date we have received incredible feedback from Senior NHS Leads. NECS colleagues would welcome a conversation to share our support programme model, site specific learning and, of course offer of our support to national COVID-19 testing plans.
- Worked collaboratively with NHS leaders to rapidly deploy plans for a ‘One-Stop’ operation of test site support, with a validated and scalable model.
- Delivered an automated single point of contact to local provider sites supported by a ‘wrap around’ Booking and Transition Team to support registration, booking and provide test guidance.
- Tailored model to reflect local geography and need, NECS delivered a structured PMO approach to build a standardised model including capacity and utilisation data.
The sites covered:
South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw
- NECS established a local system, with a single point of oversight through which all routes for key worker testing is tracked and optimised, ensuring that all test sites and laboratory capacity can be fully optimised. The local system now has a clear plan that is being rolled out.
North East and Yorkshire
- Customer Feedback, “I am sure that you (Stakeholder organisations) will want to join me in thanking the members of our extended team who have put together these documents at such short notice. I think that they NECS have done an amazing job. Keith Paterson HCV Lead for Humber Covid19 Testing-Swabbing. NHS England and NHS Improvement – (NE and Yorkshire)
I am sure that you (Stakeholder organisations) will want to join me in thanking the members of our extended team who have put together these documents at such short notice. I think that they NECS have done an amazing job.