- Financial overview and impact of any changes to Payment by Results (PbR) national guidance.
- Procurement financial advice, documentation and evaluation throughout the entire procurement process including benchmarking and cost benefit analysis of services being procured
- Financial expertise in managing all types of contracts (acute, community and mental health contracts), contract negotiations, monthly reconciliation accounts and future demand predictions.
- Financial expertise in managing Continuing Healthcare spend both within contracts and on an individual basis.
- Transformational expertise in supporting commissioners how to effect and model change to contractual requirements to improve pathways and realise QIPP efficiencies.
- Training – we provide financial commissioning finance advice and training to your organisation’s budget and contract managers, promoting value for money, efficiencies and risk reduction.
How we’ve helped
Our Commissioning Finance team developed and implemented a new automated ‘ready to pay file’ which means that processes are completed electronically, leading to a more accurate and effective system. This has had major benefits for both the CCGs involved and their customers.
The team has provided a high level financial overview of the affordability, service delivery and quality risks associated with the outline business case development of a new Acute Hospital.
Team members were also part of a wider team that produced the Channel Shift model allowing health economies to see intervention impacts across the system.