Engaging and involving service users and the general public can be done in a variety of ways. We can help make sure patients are at the heart of your decision making and are involved in helping develop your services on a continuous basis.
Whether you need to consult to comply with statutory legislation during major change or to help continuously improve services, doing it in the right way with the right people will help you meet the needs of your communities. You can be confident that whatever the reasons for your consultation, the support from our experienced team will be best practice, robust and rigorous.
We have supported consultations which have ranged from wider scale changes to mental health services, re-configuration of children’s, maternity and emergency medical care services to the relocation or closure of a walk in centre. We have helped our customers to negotiate and interpret legislative and democratic processes, and given expert advice on communication and engagement methods, and how these should be best used to enhance service delivery
Involving patients and the public can help develop service improvements, test ideas out, get suggestions and feedback. Our experienced team can advise on how to do this in a strategic way as well as develop the tools and deliver the engagement activities for you.
We worked with a patient forum to deliver a major health campaign focusing on self-care messages. North Tyneside CCG’s patient forum, made up of representatives from the borough’s GP practice patients’ groups, input into developing the messages and visuals for the marketing campaign. Materials were tested out with them and members of the forum also supported the campaign launch, took part in interviews and publicity photographs and actively supported the campaign across their area.
Our offer is bespoke to customer needs, which can include:
- Development of engagement strategies to suit your organisation
- Expert knowledge of best practice
- Experience and ability to identify and reach a diverse audience
- Ability to identify and use the best tools for engagement
- Delivering engagement and involvement strategies using the most appropriate methods and best practice approaches
- Analysing and reporting of results
- Advice and guidance on when consultations should be carried out
- Expert knowledge of adhering to legal and statutory requirements, including the NHS Act 2006 and Equality act 2010
- Research into and understanding of the right stakeholders to consult with
- Knowledge of the best tools to reach different audiences
- Delivery of consultation exercises including collation of results
- Analysing and reporting of results and impact.