Our experts have many years’ experience of engagement and public consultation and know how to deliver this in the right way, from reaching the target audience to analysing results. Whatever the issue we make sure all consultations are carried out rigorously and to best practice standards.
- Advice and guidance on when consultations should be carried out
- Expert knowledge of adhering to legal and statutory requirements, including the NHS Act 2006 and equality and diversity legislation
- Research into and understanding of the right stakeholders to consult with
- Knowledge of the best tools to reach different audiences
- Delivery of public consultation exercises
- Recording and collation of results
- Analysing and reporting of results and impact
Whether you need to consult to comply with statutory legislation during major change or to help continuously improve services, doing it in the right way with the right people will help you meet the needs of your communities. You can be confident that whatever the reasons for your consultation, the support from our experienced team will follow best practice and be robust and rigorous.
How we’ve helped
We have helped our customers to negotiate and interpret legislative and democratic processes, and given expert advice on communication and engagement methods, and how these should be best used to enhance service delivery.
Case study – Public consultation on the future of urgent care services at the Friarage Hospital in Northallerton
Our Communications and Engagement team provided planning, delivery and advisory support to the urgent care consultation led by NHS Hambleton, Richmondshire and Whitby Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) which took place between 13th September 2019 and 17th January 2020.
Find out more about how we helped in our case study here: Friarage Hospital Urgent Care