Matt Hancock, Secretary of State for Health and Social Care has recently quoted Capacity Tracker as a good example of innovation in his speech about his vision for technology in the NHS:
“…We need technology that makes life easier for hard-working and often over-stretched staff. We need technology that can run basic tasks and processes more efficiently. This will save the NHS money and free up staff time – money and time that can be better used to provide great care… There are also many great innovations aimed at improving patient care across settings, like… the Care Home Bed State Tool developed by NHS England North, which enables staff to locate available beds in nearby care homes instantly – reducing the need for nursing staff to spend all day on the phone ringing round and freeing up beds in acute settings.”
A full transcript of the speech can be seen here: https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/my-vision-for-a-more-tech-driven-nhs
Built in partnership with NHS England, Local Authority representatives and care home providers, the web-based Capacity Tracker enables care homes to instantly share their available beds and allows other users to search for beds across the country, helping to reduce Delayed Transfers Of Care (DTOCs). Powerful reporting also helps with market oversight and gives users the ability to quickly and easily analyse published DTOC data at national, regional, NHS Trust and Local Authority level.
Capacity Tracker Key features:
- Carehomes can register and use Capacity Tracker for free
- Carehomes can update their bed availability within 30secs
- Find available beds within 30 seconds
- Powerful analytical capability of published national DTOC data, including DTOC Benchmarking
- NHS Digital Data Security and Protection Toolkit compliant
- 5000+ registered users
- 2300+ registered care homes
- 7,000+ available care home beds
- Continuous product improvement – soon to include Domiciliary Care, Home Care and public access plus much more.
- National user group led by NHS England to help steer product development.
To take advantage of the many benefits of the Capacity Tracker join the rapidly expanding user community across the country by registering today at Register here