Choosing a care home is one of the most important decisions any of us will make. This decision may not be out of choice but may be necessary when discharge from hospital to the patient’s own home is not possible. It is essential that Health and social care staff work together to ensure the decision is the best for the individual.
The web-based Capacity Tracker – built in partnership with NHS England North, Local Authority representatives and care home providers – enables care homes to share their available capacity in real time and allows users to search for care home availability across England. The system helps the user identify suitable care homes helping the individual to make the right choice for them and ensuring that they don’t stay in hospital any longer than is necessary.
Capacity Tracker Key features and benefits:
- For health and social care staff the Capacity Tracker helps minimise the number of Delayed Transfers of Care and reduces the amount of time discharge teams waste on ringing around care homes searching for vacancies. In fact, repeat phone calls become a thing of the past.
- It’s fast, secure and completely free to care homes. It’s simple to register too, with rapid set up that allows users to have access within minutes.
- It provides a view of care homes with vacancies across the country, supporting effective discharge and reducing length of stay from hospital.
- Care homes can advertise their vacancies across the country within 30 seconds. These instant updates can be made from any internet connected device, including smartphones and tablets at a time and place that’s convenient for the user.
- Through our comprehensive suite of reports our users can easily analyse the nationally published Delayed Transfers of Care data for any Trust and Local Authority in England.
- They can also benchmark their DTOC performance and track the impact of initiatives designed to reduce delayed transfers of care.
- The Capacity Tracker makes it easier and faster for care homes to fill their vacancies and, when a care home placement is needed, for local authority and NHS staff to find an appropriate placement for the person who needs it.
- Users are involved in the continual development of the Capacity Tracker, which keeps evolving to meet users’ changing requirements and priorities. To achieve this, NECS continues to work in collaboration with NHS England and its rapidly expanding network of Health and Social Care customers.
- The Capacity Tracker is delivered by NECS, an NHS organisation that is NHS Digital Data Security and Protection Toolkit compliant and is renowned for developing and delivering high quality products and services across the country to health and social care.
- Over 5,200 care homes currently registered, 8684 users representing 183 CCGs and 139 Local Authorities.
Register here to join the rapidly expanding network of users or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more information or to request a demonstration.
Capacity Tracker Animation:
HC-One Care Home Chain taking about the many benefits of the Capacity Tracker