The NECS Health and Justice Commissioning Support Service has extensive experience of project, programme management and service improvement delivery across criminal justice and health sectors, at both strategic and operational level. As well as being former criminal justice and health sector professionals (Youth Offending Service, Police, Offender Health, NHS Providers), our team of experts have delivered high profile projects for and alongside a range of partner organisations including NHS England, Police Forces, Her Majesty’s Prison & Probation Service (HMPPS) and Public Health England (PHE).
We currently deliver (on an ongoing, embedded basis) Health and Justice specific commissioning support to six of NHS England’s Health and Justice Teams (North West, Yorkshire and Humber, the South West, South Central of England and the London Area and the National Children’s and Young Persons team).
We fulfil ad-hoc projects in other geographical areas including review of health and justice mental health pathways in the Midlands and review and improvement of mental health pathways within Sexual Assault Referral Centres in the North East.
We can support with the following:
- Health and Justice contract management framework and the commissioning cycle
- Delivering the health needs assessment programme across the adult prison estate (in-house on behalf of NHS England)
- Establishing a Project Management Office (PMO) approach to the health and justice commissioning cycle
- Leading on the roll out of information and technology improvements within the prison estate
- Leading on the smoke free agenda
- Mobilisation of prison healthcare contracts
- Developing and implementing a quality assurance framework across the prison estate
- Delivering (alongside local procurement leads) large scale, high value prison healthcare procurement projects
- Supporting implementation of the national ‘Liaison and Diversion’ programme in Police Custody Suites
- Commissioning and delivering the implementation of Sexual Assault Referral Centres for victims of crime
Our service also delivers ability to support time limited projects on behalf of NHS England Health and Justice teams (or other stakeholders) which include the following;
- Health and Justice specialist ‘Programme Management Office’ support function
- Project based ‘external’ and ‘Independent’ review of clinical service provision
- Specialist Health and Justice review of Continuing Health Care and Social Care delivery
- Health and Justice training optimisation
- Prison/community based Health Needs Assessments
- H&J Specific Procurement Expertise
- Review of Health and Justice Primary Care delivery
- Review of Health and Justice Mental Health delivery
- Health and Justice specialist Medicines Optimisation