Each winter activity surges bring a number of challenges to health and social care organisations that affect service delivery, including the balance of emergency and elective activity together with the flow of patients from admission to secondary care through to discharge.
NECS Consultancy can provide an experienced team to support surge management within your system. The HSJ award winning service and team will review, revise and test existing plans, frameworks and processes, providing you with tools and techniques to better manage surge pressures supporting health and social care teams.
We will work with you to understand your system pressures including your reporting and monitoring requirements, using a tried and tested methodology to establish the surge management service. The surge management service can be delivered by NECS Consultancy or your own dedicated team.
We will help you:
- Model your capacity and demand
- Review, revise and test all surge and winter planning documentation
- Implement a structured approach to surge management
- Advise techniques and share best practice to de-escalate the system
- Provide the surge service
- Monitor and report on behalf of the system
- Facilitated sessions with all relevant stakeholders
- Semi structured interviews
- Demand and capacity modelling
- Scenario testing
We will provide you with the following surge management tools:
- Dedicated surge management web page
- UEC application
- Templates and operating frameworks
How we’ve helped
Testimonials from North East and North Cumbria ICS colleagues who have commissioned the surge service:
‘The surge team help to spread good practice in service delivery across the ICS.’
‘Surge is like a knowledge hub.‘
‘Surge winter and summer debriefs have been very good.‘
Download our service offer here: NECS UEC Surge Offer August 2022