Our Information Governance (IG) team’s role is to handle your information safely.
Our experienced and qualified experts provide advice and guidance, offering support on a range of information governance issues. We aim to improve your experience by offering a unique variety of skills in the areas of data security and protection and freedom of information.
- Information sharing, confidentiality and data protection, information security, information risk management and records management
- Information Access Requests – our team is experienced in processing Subject Access Requests (Data Protection Act 2018) and Freedom of Information Requests (FOI Act 2000). We have led on creating Publication Schemes in line with the Information Commissioner’s model scheme
- Data Security and Protection Toolkit – our team is highly experienced and knowledgeable in toolkit self-assessments and action-planning
- Information Governance policies and procedures – we are experienced in drafting policies and procedures which are in line with current legislative and regulatory requirements and which satisfy the requirements of the DSP Toolkit and current data protection legislation
- We follow NHS England Information Governance Policies which are available here: NHS England Policies
- We have extensive experience in the drafting of appropriate Information Sharing Agreements, Data Processing Agreements and Non-Disclosure Agreements and can advise on and/or review agreements involving multiple agencies
- Help with drafting Privacy Notices to ensure the ‘fair processing and transparency’ requirements of current data protection legislation are met
- Help with conducting, advising and training on Data Protection Impact Assessments for projects and processes. In line with the DSP Toolkit our redacted DPIAs are available to view on request at NECSU.IG@nhs.net
- A range of assurance reports covering all aspects of corporate governance performance which can be tailored to your needs
- A team of highly trained and skilled IG experts in all aspects of information governance including the UK GDPR/General Data Protection Regulation
With our expertise and experience, we provide a complete IG service that is appropriate to your organisation’s needs. We can help you comply with Data Protection and FOI legislation and measure performance against compliance with information requests and the DSP Toolkit.