At NECS, we have five core values which drive everything we do – and the way we do it.
We know that our people are inspired by and are passionate about our values, often citing them as one of the main reasons they want to work as part of the NECS team.
When the NECS values match those of the people who work here, it means we have a bigger and more positive impact on those around us – we give better service to our customers which benefits the wider communities we serve.
Our five values are:
Dignity and respect
- We value the views and perspectives of others, creating an environment of inclusivity and make sure we treat all our customers, colleagues and partners with respect
- Through our Dignity at Work policy, we are committed to creating a work environment free from harassment and bullying for all
- Our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy helps us to recognise the importance of a diverse and engaged team and makes sure no one receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of personal characteristics like sex, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, religion or belief, age, trade union membership, disability, offending background, domestic circumstances, social and employment status, HIV status, gender reassignment or political affiliation
- Our Staff Council helps us to bring an inclusive workplace alive through collective participation
- We offer Safe Space conversations regularly which are linked to protected characteristics.
Happy and fulfilled
- Our people are proud of what they do and know that their work makes the world a better place
- Our Employer Value Proposition details what we offer at NECS to take care of our people, including financial rewards, health and wellbeing and career progression and talent development opportunities through funded qualifications, coaching and mentoring
- We have dedicated Mental Health first aiders who are trained to signpost towards support, Health and Wellbeing Champions and a Health and Wellbeing Guardian leading the way
- Regular staff surveys give you the chance to have your views listened to
- Our people make NECS what it is – so we take the time to say thank you through staff awards and a range of other recognition methods.
Honesty and integrity
- As a trusted and transparent part of the NHS, we take care to be consistent in our words and deeds
- Our Customer Ownership model means we are accountable to our NECS Board, the majority of whom are Customer Directors and act as guardians to uphold our vision, mission and social purpose
- We have a Freedom to Speak Up, Safeguarding and Caldicott Guardians in place to support our integrity.
- We are collaborative and focus on solving problems and finding solutions
- We are empowered and we empower others through a number of internal networks, including our Women and Carers in Consultancy network which aims for progressive change and champions lived experience
High standards and performance
- We are a learning organisation with a focus on quality and continuous improvement
- Our people benefit from many different types of training at NECS, including Clinical training, Project Management training, Menopause training and Green Awareness training which will help you to learn about improvement principles, tools, techniques and how they can be applied to your work
- We are innovative and creative – and we keep our promise to deliver high quality work for customers on time.