Our team of over 120 highly skilled pharmacists, technicians and specialist support staff from a range of professional backgrounds. We provide services across the North East, Cumbria, Yorkshire and the Humber, as well as working on national at scale projects.
We offer an award-winning service to our customers. With our extensive varied services and customer base, we understand the challenges faced within medicines optimisation across health and social care systems. Being part of the NHS, we have a keen understanding of the issues faced, always putting the needs of our customers and patients first.
Our highly skilled and knowledgeable team members combine expertise from all areas of medicines optimisation and pharmacy practice, including primary care, secondary care, community pharmacy and social care. Our skills mix, experience of working across the system and programme management expertise means we are ideally placed to support customers with all aspects of medicines optimisation.
- Strategic medicines optimisation support: working across ICBs, we facilitate the development of medicines guidelines and formularies, provide specialist input into service transformation and redesign involving medicines. We also support the monitoring of medicines expenditure, setting prescribing budgets and horizon scanning. We work across systems and organisational boundaries to ensure the high quality, safe and cost-effective prescribing of medicines
- Public health and local authorities: we engage with local authority public health teams by supporting the commissioning and management of clinical services within local authority areas, including alcohol services, smoking cessation, sexual health and pharmaceutical needs assessments
- Care homes and social care: we provide bespoke medicines support to commissioners, individual care homes and social care providers to support improvements in medicines systems and processes to meet CQC standards. This includes staff training, audit and supporting safeguarding processes involving medicines
- Practice-based clinical pharmacists and technicians: working as integral members of the primary healthcare team within practices and PCNs, we provide services including clinical medication review, medicines reconciliation, reviews of prescribing systems and processes, CQC and safety assurance and other bespoke services tailored to local needs
- Health and justice: we provide expert advice and support to health and justice commissioners, providers and ICBs to ensure the safe and effective delivery of medicines optimisation and pharmacy services within custodial and non-custodial settings
- Controlled drugs: working with and on behalf of the NHS England Accountable Officer for Controlled Drugs, we provide specialist advice and support to ICBs, GP practices, community pharmacies and other healthcare providers on all aspects of controlled drugs, including analysis of prescribing data and incident management
- Training and development: we develop and deliver training programmes to a range of health and social care staff on behalf of customers. Our training is developed by subject matter experts and can be delivered as e-learning, in person and virtually.