Our Consultancy Unit offers bespoke consultancy services to public sector organisations within the NHS and Local Authorities across the country. We work with executive teams across health economies to help them achieve their goals and to create real sustainable change in order to improve and transform service provision.
We are approved providers on a number of frameworks including:
- North of England Commercial Procurement Collaborative lots 2 – 6: this includes Healthcare Service Delivery Development, Healthcare Information and ICT/Systems related services, Healthcare Innovation, Research and related services, Healthcare Finance, Commercial and related services and Multi-disciplinary Healthcare Consultancy and Advisory Services.
- Lead Provider Framework lot 1,2a and 2b: End to end commissioning support, medicines management and supporting continuing healthcare and individual funding requests. Being on this means that NHS and public sector services are able to call off services much simpler and quicker than full procurement, with free support offered by NHS England to help organisations think through their requirements, pull together tender documents and run a process from the framework.
- Health Trust Europe Framework lots 1 & 6: this includes Business Services and ICT and Digital Services.
What we do:
- Strategy development: working with our clients to identify their corporate and operational strategy
- Issue based problem solving: identifying the root cause of the problems facing our clients and offering solutions
- System wide thinking: supporting NHS systems in their journey to ICS status
- Clinical and service transformation: providing expertise in end to end pathway design, clinical models and service redesign
- Quantitative and qualitative evaluation: providing insight into the views of our clients e.g. patients and professional groups
- Analytics analysis and financial modelling: leveraging NECS’ business intelligence to drive insight
- System leadership: providing external facilitation to support our clients’ executive teams
We provide a high value alternative to the private sector through competitive prices combined with specialist consultancy skills allowing us to effectively compete on value, innovation and impact.
We bring a mix of public, private and voluntary sector experience to provide added value as we continuously work with the NHS. We are able to pass on our developing new care model and system knowledge and expertise.
We embody NHS core values in the way we work and have a wealth of NHS knowledge, supporting clients to achieve outcomes efficiently and effectively making best use of subject matter experts and key resources.
How we’ve helped:
We are now in our fourth year and have completed numerous assignments all with positive customer satisfaction. A flavour of some of our projects, general themes of others and how this has contributed to improvements for patients is detailed below.
We have engaged with our customers in developing logic models and value propositions across the full range of vanguards to deliver new models of care, with particular focus on pragmatic transformation and achieving a positive impact for patients.
We have produced detailed system level diagnostics and supported clinical and service transformation across STPs and ICSs.
We have invested in partnership relationships to co-innovate solutions and continuously improve services. To date we have provided dedicated consultancy support in areas including Population Health, Interoperability, Cyber Security, Equality Analysis, Commissioner Requested Services, Transport Analysis and development of business cases and consultation documents.
We have supported clients with the operational challenges of today an the demands of tomorrow for the delivery of real service transformation – including the delivery of the GP Forward View across the Midlands.
NECS Consultancy Brochure FINAL
View our recent blogs here:
21st November 2019 – Primary Care Networks: The Continuous Development of General Practice
4th October 2019 – The NHS Long Term Plan and ICSs: to regulate or not to regulate
6th September 2019 – Maturity Matrices as at Tool to Deliver True System Transformation
28th June 2019 – Cancer Waiting Times – Time to be Proactive
View our recent case studies:
Supporting Regions to develop COVID-19 testing data
National QIPP Programme 2017-2018 Phase 1
Supporting Vanguards Logic Model Development
Evaluating The Success of New Care Models
Maternity Services Review Case Study Recruiting GPs to Vulnerable Practices
Establishing and delivering a national RTT Waiting List Data Validation Programme for the NHS
Urgent and Emergency Care Project Management Office for Midlands and East