Our Consultancy Unit offers bespoke consultancy services to public sector organisations within the NHS and Local Authorities across the country. We work with executive teams across health economies to help them achieve their goals and to create real sustainable change in order to improve and transform service provision.
We are approved providers on a number of frameworks including:
- North of England Commercial Procurement Collaborative lots 2 – 6 which include Healthcare Service Delivery Development, Healthcare Information and ICT/Systems related services, Healthcare Innovation, Research and related services, Healthcare Finance, Commercial and related services and Multi-disciplinary Healthcare Consultancy and Advisory Services.
- Lead Provider Framework lot 1,2a and 2b – End to end commissioning support, medicines management and supporting continuing healthcare and individual funding requests. Being on this means that NHS and public sector services are able to call off services much simpler and quicker than full procurement, with free support offered by NHS England to help organisations think through their requirements, pull together tender documents and run a process from the framework.
- Health Trust Europe Framework lots 1 & 6 which include Business Services and ICT and Digital Services.
What we do:
- Strategy development: working with our clients to identify their corporate and operational strategy
- Issue based problem solving: identifying the root cause of the problems facing our clients and offering solutions.
- Quantitative and Qualitative evaluation, providing insight into the views of our clients’ clients e.g. patients and professional groups
- Analytics analysis and financial modelling: leveraging NECS’ business intelligence to drive insight
- System Leadership: Providing external facilitation to support our clients executive teams
We provide a high value alternative to the private sector through competitive prices combined with specialist consultancy skills allowing us to effectively compete on value, innovation and impact.
We bring a mix of public, private and voluntary sector experience to provide added value as we continuously work with the NHS. We are able to pass on our developing new care model knowledge and expertise.
We embody NHS core values in the way we work and have a wealth of NHS knowledge, supporting clients to achieve outcomes efficiently and effectively making best use of subject matter experts and key resources.
How we’ve helped:
In the 2 ½ years since establishment we have completed numerous assignments all with complete customer satisfaction. A flavour of some of our projects, general themes of others is and how this has contributed to improvements for patients is detailed below.
We have engaged with our customers in developing logic models and value propositions across the full range of vanguards to deliver new models of care, with particular focus on pragmatic transformation and achieving a positive impact for patients.
We have supported clients with the operational challenges of today and the demands of tomorrow for the delivery of real service transformation.
We have invested in partnership relationships to co-innovate solutions and continuously improve services. To date we have provided dedicated consultancy support in areas including Equality Analysis, Commissioner Requested Services, Transport Analysis and development of business cases and consultation documents.
We have also undertaken the analysis of responses from the national maternity review to provide recommendations for the improvement of services for women and their families. Utilising a content analysis methodology approach we conducted an independent review and analysed the qualitative data from over 5000 responses on behalf of NHS England.
View our recent case studies: