A Population Health Management (PHM) approach uses data to design pro-active models of care and improve the health of a population. PHM is fundamental in ensuring health inequalities are understood and considered at every step of care from system to individual level and that appropriate interventions are put in place.
NECS’ Population Health Management (PHM) approach was created with exceptional talent and technical capability to develop creative solutions to overcome the most difficult challenges facing healthcare services to improve population health, reduce inequalities and improve value.
NECS delivers end to end solutions through our experienced team at place or system level, we can provide bespoke modular solutions for specific challenges. By working very closely with our customers we tailor support to align with the challenges being faced by local systems.
Our PHM solutions can be mobilised quickly to work with you in addressing your greatest challenges including:
- Delivering the aims from the NHS Long term plan
- Tackling health inequalities
- Restoring NHS services inclusively
- Develop digitally enabled care pathways in ways which increase inclusion
- Accelerate preventative programmes which proactively engage those at greatest risk of poor health outcomes
- Collaborate locally in planning and delivering action
- Protect the most vulnerable from COVID-19
We can work with you as a delivery partner or a coaching partner to implement a PHM Approach.
Our PHM offer spans the NHSE/I guidance on the 3 pillars for effective population health management approach:
Find out more: NECS PHM Brochure
NECS has an excellent track record in delivering large scale transformational change and has led on a number of PHM programmes at different levels. We have a unique combination of skills, services and tools that make us a trusted and effective PHM partner, we:
- have a comprehensive data platform capable of integrating health and care events across the entire health care system
- have sophisticated business intelligence tools such as NECS RAIDR that can facilitate a ‘system’ and ‘place-based’ view of delivery to support patient activation
- provide a flexible bespoke PHM service, we can design and deliver an end to end service or modular solutions, provide coaching and mentoring to support your own teams to deliver locally, and we can flex scale for system or local delivery
- turn insight and understanding into evidence based interventions and change programmes which we can manage and deliver or enable local teams to deliver, and evaluate for effectiveness
- have a team of PHM Subject matter experts (and teams) we can mobilise quickly, including:
- Data Management and Information Governance
- Analytics and Intelligence
- Transformation Programme and Project Management
- Public Health Consultants with specialist PHM experience
- Organisational Development – leadership and coaching
- Research and Evidence
- Provider Management / Workforce
- Medical / GP
How we’ve helped
Local Authority – Covid19 Response Phase 1 in County Durham
In March 2020 at the early stages of the Covid-19 global pandemic, the Durham health system partnered with NECS to adopt a Population Health Management (PHM) approach to managing a local response.
GP Practice – RAIDR South Tees
NECS deploys RAIDR alongside advanced predictive algorithms to address patients with Atrial Fibrillation (AF), COPD, Dementia and Diabetes. Find out more in our summary here: GP Practice – RAIDR in South Tees
Integrated Care System – North Cumbria
NECS played a major supporting role in the turnaround of the North Cumbria system and its establishment as a second wave ICS pilot site. We supported the development of a shadow integrated care organisation as ‘operational’ commissioning functions (blending CCG/NECS services) transitioned from CCG to become integrated with equivalent functions in the newly merged North Cumbria Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust. Find out more in our summary here: Integrated Care System – North Cumbria
Primary Care Network – Analytics Support Programme
NECS has been the Population Health Management (PHM) and analytics delivery partner to provide key support to all 66 Primary Care Networks (PCNs) across North East & North Cumbria (NENC) with the key focus on supporting the PCNs along their maturity journey around population health management and delivery of anticipatory care. Find out more here: PHM Analytics for Primary Care NetworkPHM Analytics for Primary Care Network
Meet the team
Head of Clinical Commissioning Intelligence
Ian leads the Clinical Commissioning Intelligence Team, which is part of the Business Intelligence unit within NECS, dedicated to providing insight into the business intelligence offering.
Ian has over 30 years of experience working in both the private and public sector, and over 10 years’ experience of Performance Analysis and Management within the NHS.
Ian has extensive experience in providing specialised analytical and decision support and systems modelling in a range of diverse settings. He has wide-ranging NHS policy experience and a professional background in statistics, operational research and health economics.
Transformation Programme Manager
Janine is programme lead for NECS’ PHM programme. Janine has 20 years’ experience of successful healthcare project and programme management primarily in the development and implementation of transformation projects and change management programmes with National, regional and local impact. She has a background in Public Health and been part of NECS’ programme and project management team since 2013.
Janine has designed outcome based services and contracts, redesigned pathways with CCGs and hospital trusts to improve outcomes for patients and providers. Janine has designed bespoke interventions for respiratory and diabetes services and has a role in healthcare sustainability through the NECS CSR group.
Head of Data and Digital Applications
I-Lin leads the data and digital applications team within NECS overseeing a Data Services for Commissioners Regional Office (DSCRO) on behalf of NHS Digital and a team of 65 data and technical architects, engineers, digital developers and primary care specialists.
This growing team delivers data management services and a data platform using enterprise data warehousing solutions to a diverse range of geographically disparate customers which includes almost 50 CCGs as well as NHS England and local hospital trusts. In addition the team delivers a large number of bespoke and innovative applications, collaboration tools and websites exploiting cloud technology and utilising agile delivery methods.
If you would like further information about NECS Population Health Management, email the team using the details above or firstname.lastname@example.org