Helping you comply with your equality duties.
The Equality team at NECS can offer information, strategic advice and support to ensure compliance with the Equality Act 2010 and the associated public sector equality duties. We can help you to implement long-term, practical methods to promote equality and diversity and prevent discrimination. We can provide training and keep you up-to-date with relevant legislation, as well as managing any potential risks you may face.
- Strategic and operational advice and guidance in complying with the Equality Act 2010 and the associated duties to work towards eliminating discrimination and reducing inequalities in healthcare
- Expert advice and guidance in relation to equality performance management including the NHS Equality Delivery System (EDS2) and Workforce Race Equality Standard (WRES)
- Support and advice around the NHS Accessible Information Standard
- Equality Strategy development
- Advice and practical toolkits to support in the development of Equality Analysis to avoid discrimination of people within protected characteristic groups and make sure their needs are considered
- Production of an equality annual report
- Tailored equality action plans
- Equality and Diversity training and Governing Body development
- Advice around equality monitoring
“The equality team have extensive knowledge around equality and represent our customers at a number of national and regional groups, ensuring our customers are provided with the most up-to-date information around equality including sharing best practice. The production of the NECS diversity calendar and advice around equality and diversity issues has been fantastic, always responsive and happy to help.”
Phillipa Poole, Partnership Project Officer South Tees CCG