SMART is a browser-based system that collects bed capacity and patient flow data across acute, mental health and maternity care settings. It is currently in use by trusts in London and East of England.
Developed in collaboration with healthcare providers, SMART provides a system-wide overview of operational pressures, enabling healthcare system partners to deliver an improved patient journey.
- Mobilisation and training: we design mobilisation and training programmes to reflect the way in which services are delivered, commissioned, and supported in an area. Training is delivered by experienced operational staff with system and practical operational knowledge
- Governance: which is DCB0129 clinical safety standard compliant, IG (DPIA/DPA) compliant. We are also working towards full DTAC/DSPT compliance
- Ongoing support: in addition to standard help desk and technical support offerings, our team works continuously with customers to identify opportunities for improvements to existing functionality and new features that will benefit all system users.
- Replaces inefficient methods of communication (spreadsheets, phone calls)
- Builds an immediate picture of demand and capacity at Trust and regional level
- Live OPEL scoring can be used to support mutual aid protocols
- Data modelling function supports service planning
Contact the team
Since its launch, mental health providers have enjoyed a close working relationship with NECS, developing a truly invaluable tool that will help to inform future demand and capacity planning across London.