Axym is a cloud-based data access platform that provides a ‘Single Source of the Truth’ for multi-organisations and users. It gives access to health and care data for analysis, evaluation and research in a safe and Secure Data Environment, providing a private ring-fenced space to enable users to access and interrogate their data.
As a key enabler to Integrated Care Systems, Axym supports organisations to make effective and efficient use of the data they already have by ensuring source data can be shared across partners in a safe, secure and robust environment which includes analytical tooling.
Axym also supports ambitions set out in the National Data Strategy, ‘Data Saves Lives’, and the recent Goldacre review as well as satisfying the Five Safes. The infrastructure in which it is built, is the basis of the North East and North Cumbria Sub National Secure Data Environment (SNSDE). There are 11 SNSDEs across England as part of the national Secure Data Environment for Research and Development programme.
As a service, Axym provides access to the platform as well as an Information Governance Framework that underpins the technical infrastructure.
- Security: Axym’s design is based on a Trusted Research Environment architecture with data in one place providing role based access for approved users
- Data expertise: Our team has over 15 years of NHS experience having operated previously as an NHS Digital Data Services for Commissioner’s Regional Office (DSCRO), now NHS England approved. We currently provide ‘at-scale’ data management services to 15 Integrated Care Systems
- Ease of access: Axym can be accessed by a remote desktop or AVD Remote desktop client and does not require an HSCN connection
- Flexibility: Existing NECS data management customers can pre-populate Axym with all existing NHS provided datasets
- Tooling: Axym includes but is not limited to; Sql server management studio, R studio, Python and Office 365 (other software and tools may be added into Axym, security/licences permitting)
- Governance: We work with our customers to develop a governance framework tailored to their use cases to ensure that data is being used appropriately.
Axym allows all customers to have access to one professionally managed and robustly secured source of the truth that supports system, place and neighbourhood working. It is secure by design with a Role Based Access, security layer within the data access environments.
Axym is a key enabler to support population health management, commissioning, planning, reform, service transformation, care coordination and research.