Capacity Tracker is an award-winning, web-based system used across the NHS and Adult Social Care in England and by several Primary Health Networks in Australia.
It allows Residential Aged Care Facilities (RACFs), Pharmacies and GPs to share important information in real-time and allows commissioners to quickly offer targeted support when it is required.
Capacity Tracker Australia is used by Primary Health Network Commissioner Organisations to guide and support providers within their borders and respond to emergencies such as bushfires, pandemics or other critical incidents. It is a key application which supports strategic planning, resource requests, resource utilisation, messaging, alerts and reporting.
With a series of interactive tools and reports that enable PHNs to proactively identify and rectify pressure points in the system, Capacity Tracker Australia adapts to rapidly changing operational environments in the following ways:
- Offering proactive alerts and responses to operational problems
- Dynamic comparison to targets, differences in provider breakdowns, resource constraints, access and applied learning
- Capacity and demand modelling that enables more accurate planning of system response capability and needs
- All reports allow the data to be exported for further analysis by the PHN.
- A single version of the truth: links disparate data sources to provide PHNs with relevant information in one place which supports collaborative working and improved system resilience
- A simple set up: the application is web-based, so there is no software to download. Users can rapidly set up accounts, using helpful online videos
- Ease of use: it takes less than one minute for a provider to update their business continuity status. Changes to PPE, workforce levels and vacancies can all be made very quickly with a few clicks on any device 24/7
- Safe and secure: the application takes advantage of Microsoft Azure, all data is encrypted and hosted within Australia
- Enhanced reporting with visualisations: the system has a range of real-time reports and maps available to analyse current issues and challenges across a PHN and assist in identifying areas which need support
- Focused support: the tracker provides real-time information to commissioners so they can easily see where any issues may be occurring and provide support for Covid outbreaks, PPE supplies, workforce challenges or other emergencies. Intelligence is available regarding hours of operation, emergency contacts, vaccinations and surge workforce contacts
- A dedicated resource centre: the application has a dedicated resource centre which provides users with rapid, searchable access to centralised clinical and business support information and guides, uploaded and managed locally
- Identification of system capacity: reduces speculative calls to providers and ensures patients are discharged with minimal avoidable delays to the right place of care at the right time
- Supports any incident response on the ground to be well-informed, organised and controlled. The information provided by Capacity Tracker Australia can be adapted to all sizes and types of incidents and helps PHNs and providers to deploy and use resources effectively through the phases of mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery.